Of course the question in my life would more appropriately be, ever have one of those
Evidently I have had a very severe infection for sometime. I wondered why I felt like I was dying a slow death! This past Saturday you could have come to my house and watched a grown man cry in agony on his knees. But that's a different story that I'll fill you in on later.
Today started normal enough. After breakfast my first thought and business was to get to the bank so that I could send some money to a Mexican pastor who will be traveling here to Magdalena next week to be with us and to send our mission's support to a missionary that we support. Well, I go out to the van and it refused to start. My neighbor across the street happens to be out working on his car and comes over to see what's up.
Jesus, my neighbor, is a good man and a good neighbor but his family is VERY Jehovah Witness. I have prayed for the three years that we have been in this house for his and his family's salvation. I also am aware that God often uses everyday life to bring others to Christ. So Jesus comes over not necessarily because my van will not start but because he has been waiting on me to come outside because he needs help with his car. So he says, "I am working on my car today too." "Do you happen to have this tool?" So I go across the street to see what he needs and end up helping him take apart his front seat so that we can bring it over to my house and weld it up. We weld it up and then go back and help him put it all together and into his van. He takes off. It is now 1 PM. I have not gotten to the bank and my van still doesn't run.
I get a bite to eat and start working on the old GMC. I replaced the fuel pump, then I replaced the fuel filter (taking a diesel bath in the meantime) but it refused to start. I knew it was a fuel issue to start with but who knows. Of course by this time the batteries were down and I had it plugged into life support and finally had to change out the main battery - still would not start. Remember I am trying to get to the bank, now before it closes. It turns out a Schroeder valve was leaking and pulling air. Finally the good old GMC is running again! Thank you Lord.
Well I cleaned up and took off to the bank - it was closed. So, tomorrow I'll start again.
It's all good as long as God gets the honor and glory from my life. It's all good as long as God uses this life to bring others to Him. Ever had one of those days? I'll take them as long as God is honored!
| Spending An Afternoon With Good Friends |
Sofia |
| More Church Building Supplies |
| All Kids Love A Pinata |
| God Is At Work! |
No comments:
Post a Comment