Monday, May 7, 2012

The Happy Couple


So we had a good trip to Navojoa and back for Martin and Imelda's wedding. Once they arrived here in Magdalena, the church had a Welcome Party for them on a Sunday. We had a big day and Peggy fixed a great American meal that was enjoyed by all. We tired to get them to add some Mexican to it but they were all excited about a real American "Thanksgiving" meal.

The church showered the happy couple with some more wedding gifts and made them feel welcomed. It was a good day for all.

The Hopeless Cause:

In contrast to the happy couple you had me for the past two weeks. I caught some type of summer cold and was worse than useless for a week. I even lost my voice and still whispered my way though the mid-week service. I finally got over that and promptly got food poisoning for a Saturday and Sunday. Of course it had to be a "big" Sunday when we were celebrating "Day of the Children" with a cook-out and fiesta for the whole church. It was great to see our people recognize that I was in a very bad way and pick up the slack and make it a great day.

I sure am glad that God can even use hopeless causes such as I!




No comments: