Anna wants a "fort", a "club or play house". Since we have very little space some creative thinking had to be employed. Hence the play house in the air.
Last week we traveled down to Hermosillo to help a church with a roofing project. While there I also got to go shopping at the local junk yard and pick up this beautiful, with optional grease, 1969 FMX automatic transmission. It was a deal and I got to pull it myself in the dirt. Thankfully my space was heated to 105 and the air conditioned with a breeze!
Almost every day I hear voices - the voices of these little neighbors climbing up our fence calling "Gringo". They live the next street over in a mud brick house with no windows. They throw rocks over our walls and pick our flowers. They tease our dog and try to smash our cats. Their parents are drug addicts. What the voices want to know is if "Gringo" has anything to give them today. I disappoint them most every day but about once a week they leave with a bar of soap, or a cookie, or a popsicle, or a trinket but always with a smile and I pick up the trail of trash when they leave.
Sometimes it amazes me all the things I could get done it life didn't come around so much! It came around again this morning a little past five.




No comments:
Post a Comment