Several weeks ago Marcos came to me and asked if I would help him reach the untouchables. I was not sure exactly who he was speaking of but told him I would be more than happy to do so. Turns out the untouchables are some very poor families that live at the town's dump sifting through the trash recycling anything of meager value. Namely cardboard and tin cans. As you can see the group includes men, women and children.
Marcos and I ran around town and he purchased the ingredients for his meal and then Peggy, Anna and I met Marcos the next day at the appointed time at the church and prepared the meal. We then loaded some tables into the van and drove out to the town dump. We set up our tables, dished out the meal and invited all to come. While they were eating Marcos shared his testimony and then I was able to share a clear presentation of salvation. The untouchables were very thankful and we were well received.
Unbelievably we still had some food leftover and on our way back to town passed two groups of road workers so we stopped and shared a meal with them as well. Both groups gladly received the meal as well as Marcos' testimony and our literature.
It was a unique way to reach out to needy people and we look forward to another opportunity to do the same!
Marcos and Anna preparing the meal
The gathering at the city dump
Marcos sharing his testimony
The little ones at the city dump
Finding a few more hungry souls





No comments:
Post a Comment