Monday, August 1, 2016

THE GREAT GOAT CONVIVIO:



Father's Day came and went without being able to get our (the men's) plans put in place due to other activities in our (same men) schedules but we eventually got our days together and made our plan for "the great goat convivio".  The idea was to buy a goat and roast it whole on an open spit.  Our men had never actually roasted a goat from start to finish so they were happy when I volunteered to do the work.  It's been a long time (read - since Africa) since I have butchered and roasted a goat but no time like the present to get back into the swing!

Well, for those of you worried about the goat - it lived.  The men were suppose to have the charcoal and the spit ready when I showed up but you guessed it, neither was anywhere to be found.  It was also a very hot desert day and by the time I was ready to butcher the goat I was out of steam.  So between my lack of steam and the lack of preparations - the goat was given a stay of execution.  All afternoon the goat reminded us of his thankfulness - "Maaah, maaah" but twenty some chooks did give their lives instead.

All in all it was a great day for our church people.  They always enjoy a get together (convivio) especially when there is food.  Never mind - there's always food!  After the food we had an outdoor service and one of our men brought the first message (exhortation) and then I concluded at his request with an evangelistic message.  I enjoy watching the growth of our people and it is a blessing for me to participate with them in their plans.








No comments: