Friday, February 3, 2012

EXCITEMENT IS BUILDING!

I write a weekly update for our home church which our son Ezra reads before the church during their mid-week service each Thursday. To do so I keep a diary here and although the reports are a little long - they are actually condensed versions of what I keep here. I attempt to be completely honest in my perspective of the work and be neither all flowery nor alarmist.

Still, almost each contain the comment for our services "Great Services". That is the simple truth. I strive to be an optimist but must admit to leaning pessimistically. I say that to say that I am not just saying that we have great services to bolster some idea but it is the simple truth. Yes, I have been in services that were not great but after all these years in church planting the majority of any not so great a service that I have been in were in dying churches not in churches being born. I have been blessed.

So, we have great services! Our people come excited, listen attentively and hang around after services. God has allowed us to rent a building that has some elbow room and the kids and the men love to play indoor soccer after the service. This keeps everyone inside where the only safety concern is from a soccer standpoint. The ladies fellowship and the older men (that now includes me) watch and talk. It is not uncommon to have one of our closer families ask to ride the whole route so that they can be dropped off last and enjoy the fellowship just a little longer. Yes, excitement is building!

--------------- o ------------------


Anna loves avocados. This was her expression when opening this one. Mostly seed and very little flesh. I bought three for her that day









2 comments:

Kent Gossmeyer said...

Well done... keep at it. We are praying for your safety and for the plant there in Mexico.

Rebekah Kohl, Eden NY said...

Hi, Harris family! I just tried to contact you through your "send email" link, but it kicked back to me. Did you get a new email address?