"Be not forgetful to entertain strangers: for thereby some have entertained angels unawares" Hebrews 13:2
As a missionary if you did not entertain strangers you would not be very effective in your calling! Afterall, everyone is a stranger at first.
Those who know me also know that I am not of the youth pastor cut. All the way back to my high school days I have been know as being too old for my own years. I love kids and I love young people - its playing their games that has never been my forte. Not much of one to "horse" around. Work and serious stuff is more down my alley.
But if you cannot become all things to all ages then as a missionary, again you cannot be very effective in your calling. So, in that spirit I try. I admit it takes a lot and it takes it out of me but I do enjoy seeing the fruit in lives.
Enter Angel(s). Angel is the young man in the light blue shirt, big green glasses, in the first photo. The other angels have different names: Juesus, German, Jael, Irvingh, Evone, Sophia and of course Abigail and Anna. We call them messengers. They are the generation that are now being trained to know God, to know Christ and to carry the precious gospel of salvation on to the next generation here in Magdalena.
No comments:
Post a Comment