Exactly half way to Hermosillo our GMC van broke down. I don't want to say "again" because it has been such a good vehicle but it is getting tired. I was able to get help to come from Magdalena to come pick up the family and I waited with the van while Ezra came home with the family, picked up the truck and some tools and returned to help me out.
That so far is just the start of a normal day in the life of The Harris Family. While waiting on the side of the road I spent some time with the Lord, read a good book, wandered the desert exploring and witnessed a roll over accident almost right in front of where the van was parked! As I ran to the scene my prayer was to God for His help to be a help to the mutilated that I was sure to find. As it turned out Lourdes and Erika and their dog Max were severely shook up but physically okay. The 2004 Nissan Xterra was not. It had rolled over twice and flipped once.
After helping them through the ordeal and waiting with them for their family to come up from San Carlos (about three hours away) I was able to continue on with the task at hand. By that time Ezra had arrived and we tow strapped the van back to Magdalena, 94 kilometers back.
Once back to Magdalena we reloaded from the van to the truck and set out a second time for Hermosillo this time arriving without incident some
1 comment:
All you needed were some sandwiches and you could have had a nice picnic. You had that van when we rolled through Bullhead back in 02. It has had to have been around the block a time or two.
Post a Comment