Saturday, May 23, 2009

May 2009

May 2009
Dear Friends of Prayer,
Promises – Promises:
One of the ways that we have endeavored to make contacts with the people of our city is to invite people to come to the house for a meal. Now first off I want to publicly thank my wife for being so willing to go to such lengths so many times and for being such a great cook. What has surprised us is how many promises have been broken – and it was for a free meal! We have been stood up by both our neighbors as well as others less known. We have invited poor as well as rich, from simple daily contacts to more well known such as our landlord and have still eaten alone. I even double checked with one family a half-hour before they were suppose to come with an confirmation of their intent and still they did not show. Wow!
We have experienced the same broken promises for church attendance. Call it culture, call it lies, call it a misunderstanding, call it whatever, the result is the same – no one is there. I expected the empty promises for coming to our services but I must admit I am surprised by the lack of honesty for a free meal and from such an encompassing group. But then if everyone was what they should be in life we would not need to be here would we?
Prospects – Plans:
We still do not have a dedicated location to start services. Currently we are meeting in our house. As I look at how God intervened to give us this rental house I know that we have yet to see God's hand for a specific meeting place but that we will. Our plan is to simply follow God's leading and His timing for His will in a meeting location as well. I do believe that a dedicated location would be a great benefit but only in God's will.
Prayer – Performance:
So ultimately this is the plan – you pray for us and we will work for you here in Mexico for the glory of the Lord. I believe that God's Word is Powerful (Hebrews 4:12) and that God's Work is Providential (Ephesians 3:20). God has given us His promise of blessing, thank you for participating and being such a blessing – we will continue to plant.
For the salvation of souls,


The Harris Family

1 comment:

Brenda and Jessi said...

We are praying for you all!!