Wednesday, March 18, 2009

March Prayer Letter

Dear Friends of Prayer,

A Missionaries Worst Nightmare - Sort-of:

With living in Mexico comes a certain fear of the violence that one may experience because of the drug violence that goes with the territory. You know - such as being held at gunpoint. Well, I now have had that experience but it was not like you imagine. I was helping another missionary tow his pickup back to the states for repairs. We had safely transversed 500 miles of Mexico but just about 5 miles into the United States I found myself in the wrong place at the wrong time. I was put to the ground at gunpoint by about twelve U.S. officers including the Border Patrol, the Highway Patrol, the Sheriff's department and some of the city of Nogales' finest. Seems someone was trying to steal my truck and take it to Mexico - only I was still driving it!Thankfully the situation was all quickly sorted out and I am still alive. Thank you for praying for us though, even in the false alarms of missionary life.

A Missionaries Work Needed - Soul-winning:

Personally - I am sure Peggy gets weary of all the people I invite to come over and have dinner with us, but it provides such an effective way to get to know people one on one. We continue to attempt to witness to our Jehovah Witness neighbors and with the sowing of the gospel and the work of the Holy Spirit we trust God to bring salvation to their house.

Publically - All of our family has just returned from town were we spent about three hours handing out gospel tracts and talking to as many as God put it our way. In all that time not one refused the gospel tracts and we left many reading the tracts as we moved on. So far we do not have names that we can give you as to salvations, but we do have many such as Eduardo from Nicaragua who saw us both yesterday and today and sought us out to talk to us. In time God will begin to gather those whose heart are receptive to the gospel.

Pursuedly - Each morning in our class devotion for the children's school and then each evening during our family devotions we make it a point and priority to pray that we might see souls saved. I believe that this ought to be the consuming passion of every believer. Pray with us that God might work beyond our limitations to bring glory to himself with the salvation of many here in Magdalena.

Thank you for praying for us as we continue to seek to establish ourselves and a gospel witness here in this town. We continue to be excited about God's calling on our lives here and the work that He has for us.Thank you for partnering with us.

For the salvation of souls,

The Harris Family

No comments: